My support to Manas is forever by Roopak Goswami




A Royal Bengal Tiger  at Manas National Park
I have not been a direct actor in Manas but have seen it from my own eyes. A beautiful national park nestled in enchanting surroundings.. a bungalow right in front of a river going to another country will mesemerise anybody. just wondering why has not a Bollywood film been shot here. 

I am a journalist who covers wildlife and tea which is a wonderful concoction which helps me to connect to all kinds of people. Yes, the park passed through difficult times and it continues to do so. Every time I have to write a story on a rhino getting poached in Manas, I get agonized. Yes, the staff are working to their best in difficult circumstances and the management is giving all what they can do. And every time I hear of a new species being sighted in Manas like the Chital recently, I think the park is back on the right track. But I know there is a danger lurking somewhere which makes me nervous of another casualty. I have troubled wildlife worker Deba Kumar Dutta a number  of times on which rhino was poached. He knows each rhino in Manas as one knows a member of a family. Manas exists due to people like him and others for whom it is a passion like supporting a family. May this tribe flourish and my support to Manas is forever!!!
Roopak Goswami




Comments